- host-parasit interaction,
- parasite genomics in the European house mouse hybrid zone,
- emerging infectious diseases: arenaviruses, hantaviruses, Bartonella,
- immunogenetics, major histocompatibility complex (MHC), immunoecology.
- 1999: undergraduate study – University of Montpellier II France, Biology of Organisms and Populations, option Parasitology. Diploma thesis: Phylogeny of Trichostrongylina Nematodes.
- 2000-2003: Ph.D. study – University of Perpignan, France. PhD thesis: Insularity and Parasitism: impacts in immune response investment and MHC genetic diversity in the woodmouse.
- 2003: course Animal experimentation – University of René Descartes, Paris V, France. Level I of animal experimentation (French equivalence of Home office licence for Animal experimentation).
- 2004-2005: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Ramon Science Center, Israel. Thesis: Investment in immune defences and flea parasite pressure in desert rodents, (collaborators B.Krasnov, B.Pinshow) – Post-Doc.
- 2006: Centre de Biologie et de Gestion des Populations (CBGP), France. Project: Development of phylogeographic markers, (collaborator J.Michaux) – short term contract.
- Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Department of population biology Studenec, Czech Republic. Project: MHC diversity in the hybrid zone of Mus musculus, (collaborators J.Bryja and J.Piálek) – visitor Post-Doc.
- 2006-2007: Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology of the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria. Projetc: Immune genes and endoparasites in brown hares, (collaborators F.Suchentrunk and H.Schaschl) – Post-Doc.
- 2007-2014: University of Antwerp, Belgium, Department of Biology. Project: Evolutionary ecology of arenavirus-rodent interactions, (collaborator H.Leirs) – Post-Doc.
- 2011-present: Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Research facility Studenec – researcher.
- Jana Těšíková: Murine cytomegalovirus (MCMV) in the European house mouse hybrid zone, (Ph.D. thesis).