What is the HR Award?
The European Commission recognises with the ‘HR Excellence in Research Award’ the institutions which make progress in aligning their human resources policies to the 40 principles of the Charter & Code, based on a customized action plan/HR strategy. The ‘HR Strategy for Researchers’ supports research institutions and funding organisations in the implementation of the Charter & Code in their policies and practices. The implementation of the Charter & Code principles by research institutions render them more attractive to researchers looking for a new employer or for a host for their research project.
How will the acquisition of the HR award benefit the IVB?
- Increasing prestige and attractiveness for researchers
- Creating the conditions for a more attractive career in research and development
- Improving the quality of human resources care
- Improving conditions for reconciling work and private life of workers
- Transparent recruitment and selection of new employees
- International prestige and connection of the workplace with a pan-European network of research organizations
- Obtaining funding for research from foreign and domestic programs to support research – benefits in the programs TACR, HORIZON 2020 and others.
You can find more information on the official web pages: HRS4R | EURAXESS (europa.eu)
The Institute of vertebrate biology acquired the HR award on the 22nd of February 2022.