- molecular markers in taxonomy and systematics,
- conservation genetics of fish, population variability and phylogenetics,
- genetics and breeding,
- molecular biological detection of zoonotic pathogens, statistical evaluation of genetic data.
- 1996-2001: undergraduate study – Masaryk University Brno, Faculty of Science, specialization biology and genetics. Thesis: Genotoxicity Tests of Natural Extracts of Blue-Green Algae and Halogenated Aliphatic Hydrocarbons with Drosophila melanogaster.
- 2001-2007: Ph.D. study – Masaryk University Brno, Faculty of Science, Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science and Institute of Vertebrate Biology AS CR, Brno. Ph.D. thesis: The using of mtDNA for characteristics of population structures of species from the genera Gobio and Romanogobio.
- 2001-present: Institute of Vertebrate Biology AS CR – research scientist.
Former Ph.D. students
- Soňa Stierandová: Molecular biodiversity inventory of selected fish species from families Cyprinidae and Umbridae.
- Eva Marešová: Genetic diversity of the Alpine bullhead (Cottus poecilopus, Heckel, 1837) in the Carpathian arc (Baltic and Black Sea basins contact zone).