- ecology, reproduction of fish, histochemistry and karyology,
- study of silver crucian carp (Carassius auratus gibelio) polyploid complex and its dynamics on the territory of the Czech Republic,
- reproduction of fishes, histology of their gonads and integumen,
- conservation of endangered fish species.
1979-1983: undergraduate study – Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry, Brno, specialization fishery. Thesis: Influence of aflatoxins contaminated food on fry carp.
- 1985-1989: Ph.D. stay – Institute of Vertebrate Zoology, Department of Ichthyology, thesis: Histology, histochemistry and ultrastructure of fish epidermis.
- 1989–present: Institute of Vertebrate Biology AS CR – reserach scientist.