- conservation genetics and ecology of large carnivores (GPS telemetry, population genetics, monitoring using camera traps),
- deer population genetics (genetic diversity and hybridisation),
- ecology of mammals, especially feeding ecology of herbivores (microscopic faecal analysis, non-direct density estimation, impact on vegetation) and ecology of small mammals.
- 2018-2019 Coordination of management of Eurasian lynx and grey wolf populations in the Western Carpathians; 304021D016, INTERREG V-A SK-CZ
- 2019-2020 The analysis of genetic samples of Eurasian lynx (Lynx lynx) for the needs of the 3Lynx project carried out under CENTRAL EUROPE Interreg programme, Šumava National Park Administration (SOS SOD 87/2019)
Participation in other projects
- 2000-2004 Management optimization of large mammals in the Czech Republic; GA AS CR S6093003
- 2006-2010 Biodiversity Research Centre; grant MŠMT, LC06073
- 2007-2011 Small mammals: an important factor in the restoration process of forest stands; NAZV (72075)
- 2009-2012 Genetic structure of sika deer populations in the Czech Republic; GACR 524/09/1569
- 2010-2014 Monitoring of large carnivores in EVL Beskydy, ANCLP CR (9028766)
- 2015-2016 Management plan for Eurasian lynx, grey wolf and brown bear; MŽP, fondy EHP 2009-2014, MGSII-40
- 2020-2023 Conservation genetics and genomics of vertebrate species in Central European region, MŠMT, INTER-EXCELLENCE – INTER-COST, LTC20021
- 1996–2001: undergraduate study – Comenius University, Bratislava, Faculty of Sciences, section Biology, specialization Zoology. Thesis: Selection of breeding habitats of great reed warbler (Acrocephalus arundinaceus) and reed warbler (Acrocephalus scirpaceus) on standing waters near Malacky Town.
- 2001–2005: Ph.D. study – Masaryk University Brno, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Zoology and Ecology; Institute of Vertebrate Biology AS CR. Thesis: Trophic conditions of red deer in the floodplain forest and their competition for feeding sources.
- 2002-2006: Institute of Vertebrate Biology AS CR, Brno, Department of Mammal Ecology – research assistant,
- 2006-2011: Institute of Vertebrate Biology AS CR, Brno, Department of Mammal Ecology – post-doc,
- July 2011 – December 2011 maternity leave,
- January 2012 – December 2016 researcher, Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno,
- February 2017 – May 2020 researcher, Department of Zoology, Fisheries, Hydrobiology and Apiculture, Faculty of AgriSciences Mendel University, Brno,
- January 2018 – present researcher, Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno,
- June 2020 – present academic staff, Department of Zoology, Fisheries, Hydrobiology and Apiculture, Faculty of AgriSciences Mendel University, Brno.
Other abilities and activities
- Reviewer for scientific journals e.g. Annales Zoologici Fennici, Mammalian Biology, Mammal Review, Zoological Science, Ecology and Evolution, Scientific Reports, Folia Zoologica,
- Certificate of examination according to § 17 of the Act No. 246/1992 coll on Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Registration number: CZ 01278), VFU Brno, 14.4.2014,
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the 4th European Congress of Mammalogy, Brno 2003; Conference on Large Carnivores` Protection in the Carpathians, Rožnov pod Radhoštěm, 2016,
- Member of the Organizing Committee of Zoological days, Brno 2003, 2004 and 2006,
- Member of American Genetic Society (AGA) 2012-2016,
- Active member of the consortium EUROLYNX,
- Driving licence B,
- Knowledge of ArcGis environment.
- Summer School in Ecology and Biodiversity 2003, Białowieźa, Poland,
- Institute of Environmental Sciences 2003, Krakow, Poland.
- B. Turbaková. Conservation genetics of Eurasian lynx in Central Europe. Masaryk University, Brno (co-supervised by J. Bryja).
- K. Maršálková, 2010: Highway structures and their influence on mammal migration. Masaryk University, Brno.
- H. Větrovcová, 2011: The use of microsatellite loci in the conservation genetics of large carnivores. Masaryk University, Brno.
- M. Patočková, 2013: The use of telemetry in the research of spatial activity of European lynx in Beskydy Mts. Masaryk University, Brno.
- M. Jurečka, 2017: Permeability of the D1 motorway for mammals in the section Lipník nad Bečvou – Studénka. Masaryk University, Brno (co-supervised by T. Bartonička).
- A. Tetaur, 2017: Structure of winter diet of Eurasian beaver. Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (co-supervised by A. Vorel).