- evolutionary ecology and ageing of annual fish,
- brood parasitism,
- diversity of african fish and their parasites.
- 1995-2000: undergraduate study – Masaryk University, Faculty of Sciences, Systematic Biology and Ecology. Master thesis: Seasonal dynamics in distribution of glochidia (Mollusca) in populations of fishes in South Bohemia, Czech Republic.
- 2000-2008: Ph.D. study – Masaryk University, Faculty of Sciences, Parasitology. Ph.D. thesis: Occurrence and distribution of metazoan parasites within communities of host fish.
- 2003-present: Department of Botany and Zoology, Masaryk University, Brno (January 2011 – recent, part time contract) – research and development worker,
- 2011-present: Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno – postdoctoral position.