- parasite ecology – host-parasite relationship,
- molecular diversity of pathogens – host specificity and cross-transmission in sympatric primates,
- study of great apes microbiome including traditional human societies.
- 2017 – 2018 – research internship (Fulbright) – University of Minnesota.
- 2013 – 2017 – PhD study – University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pathology and Parasitology – thesis: Molecular epidemiology and cross-transmission of strongylid nematodes between great apes and humans.
- 2011 – 2013 – master study – Masaryk University, Department of Botany and Zoology, Ecology and Evolution Biology – thesis: Gastrointestinal parasites of wild western lowland gorillas (Gorilla gorilla gorilla) in Dzanga Sector of Dzanga-Ndoki National Park, Central African Republic.
- 2010 – 2011 – field assistant – Wildlife tourism and conservation: an interdisciplinary evaluation of gorilla ecotourism in Dzanga-Sangha Protected Areas, Central African Republic.
- 2007 – 2010 – bachelor study – Masaryk University, Department of Botany and Zoology, Biology – thesis: Ecology and parasite fauna of chimpanzees of dry habitats with emphasis to chimpanzees of Ugalla-Tongwe Forest Reserve, Tanzania.