- geometric morphometrics and species delimitation,
- evolution and taxonomy of small mammals,
- hybridization and speciation in house mice.
- 1999–2004: undergraduate study – Masaryk University Brno, Faculty of Science, Systematic Zoology a Ecology. Diploma thesis: Morphometric analysis of the hybrid zone between Mus musculus and Mus domesticus in the western Bohemia.
- 2004–2009: Ph.D. study – Masaryk University Brno, Faculty of Science, Zoology. Ph.D. thesis: Changes of developmental stability in house mice as a consequence of hybridization.
- 2009-present: Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Laboratory of Mammalian Evolutionary Genetics – postdoctoral fellow,
- 2010-present: Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Department of Population Biology Studenec – postdoctoral fellow.
- 2005, 2006: Muzeum i Instytut Zoologii, Warsawa – short stay within the programme EU Synthesys,
- 2012: Museum national d’historie naturelle, Paris – short stay within the programme EU Synthesys,
- Musée royal de l’Afrique centrale, Tervuren Muséum national d’histoire naturelle, Paris Natural History Museum, London American Museum of Natural History, New York – short visits at Natural History Museums.