- fish ecology,
- biological invasions,
- ecology of Eurasian otter and interactions with riverine and aquacultural fish stocks.
- 1995-2001: CSc. – Institute of Systematic and Ecological Biology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Brno.
- 1997: Mgr. – Palacky University in Olomouc, Ecology.
- 1989-1993: BSc. – University of Hertfordshire (UK), Environmental studies.
- 2010-present: Institute of Vertebrate Biology of the Czech Academy of Sciences – grant funded research assistant.
- 2005-2006: Environment Agency (UK) – Fish ecologist
- 1994-2004: Czech Otter Foundation Fund – scientific coordinator
- 1994-1997: Institute of Systematic and Ecological Biology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences – research assistant.