Mgr. Radka Valterová, Ph.D.
Position: grant funded researcher
Research topics: molecular ecology, behavioural ecology
Department: Research facility Brno
Phone: +420 543 422 545
- molecular ecology of vertebrates (interactions between neutral and adaptive genetic variation, sexual selection and conservation genetics),
- behavioural aspects of brood parasite–host interactions.
- 2006-2011: Zoology at the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic (Ph.D.).
- 2000-2006: Zoology at the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic (MSc.=Mgr.).
- 2003-2005: Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic (MSc.=Mgr.).
- 2015-present: Institute of Vertebrate Biology, AS CR, Brno
- 2014-2016: Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague
- 2012-2014: Department of Zoology and Laboratory of Ornithology Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc
- 2006-2012: Institute of Vertebrate Biology, AS CR, Brno
- 2017: Reproductive strategies of an obligate brood parasite: host selection, sex allocation of offspring and individual success (GAČR 17-12262S)
- 2015-2016: Scientific bases for the protection of endangered species Little Owl (Athene noctua) and ortolan (Emberiza hortulana) (Ministry of Environment, MGSII – 52)
- 2015-2016: The importance of carry-over effects for the ecology of migratory birds (GAČR 14-16861)
- 2012 -2016: Postcopulatory sexual selection and sperm biology: intrapopulation and interspecific processes in passerines (GAČR P506/12/2472)
- 2012-2014: Popularizer of Science for region Vysočina, Open science III, AS CR.
- 2011–2016: Cooperation with NP Grand Paradiso (Italy), determination of paternity in chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra)
- 2010-2011: Immunogenetic study of a house mouse hybrid zone (GAČR 206/08/0640)
- 2009-2010: Filling gaps in the knowledge of biology and ecology of the Eurasian otter: ecological modelling (Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic, No. VaV-SP/2d4/16/08)
- 2008-2009:Genetic structure of chamois populations in Central Europe (Grant Agency of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, No. IAA600930609)
- 2006-2008: Extra-pair paternity and strength of sexual selection in a socially monogamous songbird (GACR 206/06/0851)
- 2006-2007: The role of MHC in sexual selection - observational and experimental studies in three model species of vertebrates (co-principal investigator Josef Bryja GA AS CR / A600930608)